FHA Learning Center
FHA (click on question)
2) My lender won't do HARP. Can I use HARP with another lender?
4) It is very time consuming to pull together all the paperwork to refinance. Do I need the same amount of paperwork to refinance under HARP?
5) I’ve had my loan for seven years and don’t want to start all over again with a 30-year mortgage. Can I refinance into a shorter term loan?
6) Can I refinance under HARP if my property isn’t my primary residence?
7) My loan was previously modified, can I still refinance under HARP
8) Is HARP the only refinance program available? What if I am not eligible?
FHA Government First Time Home Buyer Programs
FHA Press Release
05/13 HARP HOME AFFORDABLE REFINANCE PROGRAM EXTENDED
The two US mortgage finance groups have been told by their regulator, the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), to release data on the home loans they guarantee in an effort to encourage private investors to assume more of the risk in the mortgage market.
02/13 HARP REFINANCE PROGRAM SOUNDS HOPE
Almost 14 million homeowners owe more on their home than it is worth. That staggering figure equates to more than one-fourth of all American homeowners who have a mortgage on their residence. Many American homeowners who were underwater on their mortgage, which means owing more on the home than it is worth, have been helped by
HARP, an acronym for the federal
Home Affordable Refinance Program